Do you need a writing coach?
- Could you use some guidance as you work through the process of writing a book?
- Are you struggling to achieve your writing goals and finish your projects?
- Do you need to improve your grammar, spelling, and punctuation, or do you need to work on sentence and paragraph structure?
- Do you need to develop a stronger voice, more realistic characters, or better plots?
- Could you benefit by enlisting the help of a mentor who will provide thoughtful, honest, and constructive feedback?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then a writing coach can help.
What a Writing Coach Does
A writing coach should be able to relate to your struggles while offering solutions to help you overcome your challenges.
A good writing coach will hold you accountable and firmly, but gently, encourage you to stick to your goals and make sure you complete your projects. Finally, a writing coach is more than a productivity guide. A writing coach knows good writing and will work with you to make sure your writing is the best it can be.
Your Writing Coach
As your writing coach, I will help you:
- Identify and prioritize your creative writing goals.
- Stay focused on your objectives and projects.
- Find your way through the process of a large-scale writing project, such as a book.
- Overcome challenges that interfere with your writing progress.
- Improve your writing through thoughtful and insightful feedback.
The result? You’ll reach your goals, become a better writer, and produce polished work that is suitable for publication.
How It Works
I provide coaching to writers of fiction and creative nonfiction. I also offer blog coaching for writers who want to launch or improve their author websites and blogs.
Coaching is conducted via e-mail. We’ll start by setting goals. Each week, you’ll send an update explaining the progress you’ve made and obstacles that are getting in your way. You’ll also send written material for review and receive an edited copy of your work or written feedback. In some cases, you’ll receive both. You may also receive tailored guidance through the entire process of writing a book from the early stages of development to publication.
Coaching is customized to your needs, skill level, and the particulars of your project. You’ll also receive personalized guidance to help you reach your goals and become a better writer, including recommendations for books, websites, and other writing resources that are chosen especially for you.
How to Get Started
Let me know what you write and what you’d like to accomplish with a writing coach. There’s no obligation until you decide to sign up and issue your first payment. Openings in the program are limited.
I look forward to helping you improve your writing and reach your goals.
- $225 per month for one hour per week.
- $325 per month for two hours per week.
- $425 per month for three hours per week.